lissylaine

Lissylaine Reads

I've loved books and reading ever since I can remember and my great-grandmother read "Miss Suzy" to me over and over again. My tastes change over time, but tend toward paranormal romance, thrillers and mysteries, science fiction, some fantasy and urban fantasy, YA, and dystopia to name a few.

Queen of Shadows
Sarah J. Maas
Seams Unlikely: The Inspiring True Life Story of Nancy Zieman
Marjorie L Russell, Nancy Zieman
Progress: 50 %
Lover Reborn: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood
J.R. Ward
Progress: 21 %
Dead and Alive (Dean Koontz's Frankenstein, #3) - John Bedford Lloyd, Ed Gorman, Dean Koontz The more I think about it, the less I like this book. Dean really should have stuck to collaborating with other writers for this series, as much as it pained him to do it. He completely dropped some storylines, added others unnecessarily, and the characters became caricatures. So much potential, so little result. I tend to agree with some other reviews that I've read. Dean got tired of receiving mail asking when this would be written that he seems to have thrown it together to get us off his back. His heart was not in this, and now I almost hope that he'll never finish the Christopher Snow story (Fear Nothing, Seize the Night), especially if he intends to give it the same treatment.