lissylaine

Lissylaine Reads

I've loved books and reading ever since I can remember and my great-grandmother read "Miss Suzy" to me over and over again. My tastes change over time, but tend toward paranormal romance, thrillers and mysteries, science fiction, some fantasy and urban fantasy, YA, and dystopia to name a few.

Queen of Shadows
Sarah J. Maas
Seams Unlikely: The Inspiring True Life Story of Nancy Zieman
Marjorie L Russell, Nancy Zieman
Progress: 50 %
Lover Reborn: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood
J.R. Ward
Progress: 21 %
Godplayer - Robin Cook This was the worst book I've ever read by Robin Cook. I actually listened to the unabridged book on tape, and that was the only reason I actually made it all the way through. I kept hoping it would get better, but the book dragged all the way to the very end. The female character Cassie constantly got on my nerves with her insecure whining and worrying about whether or not her husband would be upset with her for one thing or another. Then there was the stereotypical mother-in-law-who-hates-her-daughter-in-law (Cassie). The characters were just unbelievable, and by the end of the book I didn't care about any of them. I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone. Try one of his other, more recent novels.