lissylaine

Lissylaine Reads

I've loved books and reading ever since I can remember and my great-grandmother read "Miss Suzy" to me over and over again. My tastes change over time, but tend toward paranormal romance, thrillers and mysteries, science fiction, some fantasy and urban fantasy, YA, and dystopia to name a few.

Queen of Shadows
Sarah J. Maas
Seams Unlikely: The Inspiring True Life Story of Nancy Zieman
Marjorie L Russell, Nancy Zieman
Progress: 50 %
Lover Reborn: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood
J.R. Ward
Progress: 21 %
Mockingjay - Collins Suzanne Difficult to put into words how this book affected me - the entire trilogy, really. Though it's dystopian YA fantasy, the author made it all seem so real - the actions, the emotions, the motivations. Katniss changes quite a bit from the first of The Hunger Games to the end of Mockingjay, but everything seemed geniune to me.

I didn't start reading the series until after Mockingjay was released, so I was able to read all three in a very short period of time. Perhaps this is why I didn't really get caught up in the "shipping" that seems to be going on all over the net. I was satisfied with the resolution, though saddened by many of the deaths (again, throughout the entire series).