lissylaine

Lissylaine Reads

I've loved books and reading ever since I can remember and my great-grandmother read "Miss Suzy" to me over and over again. My tastes change over time, but tend toward paranormal romance, thrillers and mysteries, science fiction, some fantasy and urban fantasy, YA, and dystopia to name a few.

Queen of Shadows
Sarah J. Maas
Seams Unlikely: The Inspiring True Life Story of Nancy Zieman
Marjorie L Russell, Nancy Zieman
Progress: 50 %
Lover Reborn: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood
J.R. Ward
Progress: 21 %
Matched - Ally Condie I'm on this kick lately, reading a lot of young adult dystopian fiction. Matched starts out in a seemingly utopian society, but little things begin to happen to make you realize that all is not necessarily perfect in this world.

Having never been able to write fiction of any kind myself, I am always in awe of someone who can, and who can do it well, draw me in, and make me care for the characters. Ally Condie has done just that. I didn't want to put this book down, and when it was over, I was left wanting to know more (but I'll have to wait another year for book 2, then another year for book 3).

Some have compared this book to The Giver by Lois Lowry, but I disagree. While there are some similarities (it IS a utopia/dystopia society), the stories are very different, and I loved them both.