lissylaine

Lissylaine Reads

I've loved books and reading ever since I can remember and my great-grandmother read "Miss Suzy" to me over and over again. My tastes change over time, but tend toward paranormal romance, thrillers and mysteries, science fiction, some fantasy and urban fantasy, YA, and dystopia to name a few.

Queen of Shadows
Sarah J. Maas
Seams Unlikely: The Inspiring True Life Story of Nancy Zieman
Marjorie L Russell, Nancy Zieman
Progress: 50 %
Lover Reborn: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood
J.R. Ward
Progress: 21 %
The Keepsake - Tess Gerritsen This book was good enough to warrant reading (listening to) additional books by the author. It was enjoyable, with quite a few twists and turns all the way to the end. Even though I noticed that it is the 7th book in a series, I was able to understand the relationships and get into the story, much as I did with Sue Grafton's alphabet series (which I went back and read in order after having read "F"). The main draw in the description was archaeology and mummies. It wasn't quite what I expected, but was good nonetheless. This was an audible.com purchase.

5/24/2011-Much better having read it in order because I understood a lot more of the context of some of the side stories.