lissylaine

Lissylaine Reads

I've loved books and reading ever since I can remember and my great-grandmother read "Miss Suzy" to me over and over again. My tastes change over time, but tend toward paranormal romance, thrillers and mysteries, science fiction, some fantasy and urban fantasy, YA, and dystopia to name a few.

Queen of Shadows
J.R. Ward
Progress: 21 %
Dead Until Dark - Charlaine Harris First read April 12, 2009
Re-read July 2012

I started listening to the audiobook, but changed over to the Kindle version about halfway through. The narrator of the audiobook was excruciating to listen to (and I'm from the South). Her accent was just way over the top to me. It colored my reading of the book afterwards too, I wish I'd just started out reading it myself.

The mystery was decent, relationships were okay. This book was recommended by people who have also read Twilight. I see where some of the comparisons come in, but the two series are really worlds apart. I was not as emotionally connected to Sookie and Bill as I was to Bella and Edward, and in my opinion a comparison really does them both a disservice.

I'll probably read the next one in the series, just to see where it goes and if it picks up any.